Forum répertoriant les fiches de fiefs et actes héraldiques du jeu Les Royaumes Renaissants
 
AccueilMembresGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 
 

 [Comté] Beauvais

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Eléïce de Valten
Super Bibiche
avatar

Messages : 6004
Date d'inscription : 01/11/2014

MessageSujet: [Comté] Beauvais    Ven 28 Aoû 2015 - 14:51

Fief : Comté
Lieux: Ile de France
Recensée?: Non
Blason: de gueules au pal d'argent




http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauvais

Héraldisme
Fief ???
Description du Blason : .
Ancien nom :
Devise : -
Actuel Seigneur :
Ancien Seigneur : -
Nom des habitants :
Seigneuries historiques :


Seigneuries RR octroyées :




Généralités historiques

  • Beauvais was known to the Romans as Bratuspantium (gaulish name) Caesaromagus (gallo-roman name)(though the post-Renaissance Latin rendering is Bellovacum , after the name of the Celtic tribe.) and took its present name from the Belgic tribe of the Bellovaci, whose capital it was. In the ninth century it became a countship, which about 1013 passed to the bishops of Beauvais, who became peers of France from the twelfth century. At the coronations of kings the Bishop of Beauvais wore the royal mantle and went, with the Bishop of Langres, to raise the king from his throne to present him to the people.

    In 1346 the town had to defend itself against the English, who again besieged it in 1433. The siege which it suffered in 1472 at the hands of the duke of Burgundy was rendered famous by the heroism of the women, under the leadership of Jeanne Hachette, whose memory is still celebrated by a procession on the 14th of October (the feast of Sainte Angadrême), in which the women take precedence of the men.

    An interesting hoard of coins is known as the “Beauvais” hoard because some of the European coins found in the hoard are from the French abbey located in Beauvais. Coin Hoard Article

    Geography
    Beauvais lies at the foot of wooded hills on the left bank of the Thérain at its confluence with the Avelon. Its ancient ramparts have been destroyed, and it is now surrounded by boulevards, outside which run branches of the Thérain. In addition, there are spacious promenades in the north-east of the town.

    Beauvais Cathedral
    Its cathedral, dedicated to Saint Peter ( Cathédrale Saint-Pierre de Beauvais ), in some respects the most daring achievement of Gothic architecture, consists only of a transept and quire with apse and seven apse-chapels. The vaulting in the interior exceeds . in height.
    The small Romanesque church of the tenth century known as the Basse Oeuvre occupies the site destined for the nave. Begun in 1247, under Bishop William of Grès (Guillaume de Grès, Guillaume de Grez), an extra were added to the height, to make it the tallest cathedral in Europe: the work was interrupted in 1284 by the collapse of the vaulting of the choir, a disaster that produced a temporary failure of nerve among the masons working in Gothic style. In 1573 the fall of a too-ambitious central tower stopped work again, after which little addition was made. The transept was built from 1500 to 1548.

    Its façades, especially that on the south, exhibit all the richness of the late Gothic style. The carved wooden doors of both the north and the south portals are masterpieces respectively of Gothic and Renaissance workmanship. The church possesses an elaborate astronomical clock (1866) and tapestries of the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries; but its chief artistic treasures are stained glass windows of the thirteenth, fourteenth and sixteenth centuries, the most beautiful of them from the hand of the Renaissance artist, Engrand Le Prince, a native of Beauvais. To him also is due some of the stained glass in St. Etienne, the second church of the town, and an interesting example of the transition stage between the Romanesque and Gothic styles.

    During the Middle Ages, on January 14, the Feast of Asses was celebrated in the Beauvais Cathedral, in commemoration of the Flight into Egypt.

    Bishops of Beauvais
    The early bishops of Beauvais are largely legendary, but a document records that the bishop who occupied the see from 632 to 660 was the thirteenth incumbent. The see, near Paris and the centers of power, was a desirable one, being a prince-bishopric with the style of évêque-comte ('bishop-count') of Beauvais, and one of the few ecclesiastical original Peers of the realm of France of the kingdom, with the ceremonial privilege to bears the royal mantle at the coronation. The most famous bishops of Beauvais are Odo of Beauvais (860-881) involved in a battle of prerogatives that was a foretaste of the Investiture Controversy; Gui (1063-85), who founded the great Beauvais school of theology at St. Quentin of Beauvais; Pierre Cauchon (1420-32), whose name is compromised in the condemnation of Joan of Arc; Jean Juvenal des Ursins (1433-44), the chronicler of Charles VI; Odet Cardinal de Chatillon (1535-62), brother of admiral Coligny, who turned Protestant at the Reformation; Francois-Joseph de la Rochefoucauld (1772-92), who died in the Carmelite prison in 1792; and François Hyacinthe Jean Feutrier (1825-30), minister of ecclesiastical affairs in the Martignac cabinet.
    Other highlights
    In the Place de l'Hôtel de Ville and in the old streets near the cathedral there are several houses dating from the twelfth to the sixteenth centuries. The hotel de ville , close to which stands the statue of Jeanne Hachette, was built in 1752. The episcopal palace, now used as a court-house, was built in the sixteenth century, partly upon the Gallo-Roman fortifications.

    Birthplace of the mathematician Henri Lebesgue. In measure-theoretic analysis and related branches of mathematics, Lebesgue-Stieltjes integration generalizes Riemann-Stieltjes and Lebesgue integration, preserving the many advantages of the latter in a more general measure-theoretic framework.




Vestiges préhistoriques et antiques




Architecture civile



Architecture sacrée



Liens divers, Photos



Sources



Nota Bene : * : Notoire - ** : Exceptionnel - IMH : Inscrit Monument Historique - MH : Monument Historique - SI : Site Inscrit - SC : Site Classé
[/list]

_________________
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://biblioheraldique.forumactif.org
 
[Comté] Beauvais
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1
 Sujets similaires
-
» La prise de Comté-du-Lac
» Comté-de-l'or, de plus en plus lourdingue
» Comté du Périgord-Angoumois [Coopération Judiciaire]
» Histoire du comté de Namur et des Namurois
» Ludo Planète à Beauvais

Permission de ce forum:Vous ne pouvez pas répondre aux sujets dans ce forum
Castel Bibichin :: Marches héraldiques de France :: Ile de France-
Sauter vers: